1. Home
  2. Calendar
  3. Departments
  4. City Government
  5. Our Community
  6. Contact
  7. How Do I ...


Reporting Problems

STOP Signs will be replaced within 2 hours during normal working hours (7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday). After hours they will be replaced by the employee on call, as soon as possible. To report a stop sign down, call Public Works during working hours at (864) 653-2053. After hours, call the Police Department at (864) 624-2000.

OTHER STREET Signs - Report all street sign repair to the Public Works Department during working hours (864) 653-2053.

POTHOLE Repair - Report all potholes to the Public Works Department (864) 653-2053.

RIGHT-OF-WAY Maintenance - Report any problems of mowing and pruning of limbs overhanging the street to the Public Works Department (864)653-2053.

DRAINAGE - Report any problems to Nathan Hinkle in the Stormwater Department: (864) 624-1126 or

You may also email your work orders in to the below email addresses if you prefer:

Work Orders - Reporting a work order

Report Outages to Duke Energy: 
Street light outages, power outages, downed trees, or trees on a power lines should be reported to Duke Energy at Outages - Duke Energy. You can also check the status of reported outages.

AT&T Repair

If you notice cable lines that are unburied, exposed, or otherwise in need of repair, visit AT&T's website to report the repair.

Driveway and Encroachment Permits

  1. Driveway Permit
  2. Encroachment Permit

For more information please contact the Public Works Department (864) 653-2053.

Traffic Calming Request Process -

City Council approved guidelines for requesting speed humps in August, 2019. Details of this process can be located in the Traffic Calming Request Process document.

Public Works Department
1155 Old Central Road
Central, SC 29630

Phone:  (864) 653-2053
Fax:  (864) 653-2048